Saturday, March 3, 2007

Bar None!

Well...its over (hopefully). After an intense two months of studying, I took the NY bar exam in Manhattan at the end of February. The two-day experience was anything but pleasent, and one certainly I do not want to repeat. I took the test at NY's Javitz Center, a convetion center that crammed in thousands of over-caffeinated and sleep deprived, would-be Johnny Cochrans.

One short, but amusing story. The guy sitting next to me turned to me at the end of the first day (8hours) and started muttering a string of expletives and yelling at his computer. It took me a few seconds to realize that he was yelling because the "e" had fallen off his keyboard. Everytime he had to type an "e" he had to reach his finger down into the keyboard and push hard on the missing key. And its not like he was missing a "z" or a "q"; he was missing the most frequently used letter in the English language (I looked it up. The letter "e" is found in just over 11% of all the words in the Oxford Dictionary.) I was pretty excited and amused by the thought of him trying to pound out "even keeled" or "eleven" or "bee keeper"...

No comments: