Monday, March 26, 2007

South "America"

I have arrived in Peru and will shortly nest on an airport bench overnight before heading onto Cusco, Peru´s jumping off point for Machu Picchu, tomorrow morning.

I hate al Qadea more than ever. Bin Laden, wherever he is, owes me $26.70. I forgot that toothpaste, suntan lotion, shaving cream, deoderant, and soap are considered deadly weapons by U.S. airport personnel (TSA). I trust all of these things are available in Peru; otherwise I am in for a very smelly few weeks. Does anybody know what happens to the millions of hygeine weapons that TSA seizes every year?

One of the things that Peru does have is Papa John´s pizza. American culture (even the really bad stuff) has spread to every corner of the globe. I wonder if Peru´s Papa John´s pizza also takes 2 hours to get to you, arrives soggy, and is more like an overcooked Hot Pocket than a real pizza. I speculate that all these hold true here, because American companies pride themselves on product uniformity....

Thats it for now. I´ll post something before I leave for a planned 4/5-day hike up to Machu Picchu.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, you’re gone already. I can’t believe in this! Fuck, that’s awesome! I tried calling you for innumerous times, but couldn’t make it. I hope we can meet in Brazil, when you are here. If I’m already in Geneva, you should stay at my place and live the good Brazilian life, I’ll tell my friends to give you a good time in Brazil! Do you have a mobile? Or are you totally out of reach? Enjoy!!!

Unknown said...

Man, you’re gone already. I can’t believe in this! Fuck, that’s awesome! I tried calling you for innumerous times, but couldn’t make it. I hope we can meet in Brazil, when you are here. If I’m already in Geneva, you should stay at my place and live the good Brazilian life, I’ll tell my friends to give you a good time in Brazil! Do you have a mobile? Or are you totally out of reach? Enjoy!!!