Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Itinerary Set



I begin my six-month trip on Monday. My itinerary for the next 6 months is roughly set. Send me an email if any of you are interested in joining me along the way. Also, send me an email if any of you have been to the following places and have recommendations on what to see/do/eat (especially in SE Asia). I'll post an update from Peru next week. Hope all is well with all of you.

Late March: PERU (Machu Pichu)
Early April: PERU (Cordillera Blanco, Amazon rainforest)
Mid-April: ARGENTINA (Mendoza)
Late April/Mid-May: BRAZIL (Sao Paolo, Rio de Janeiro, Salvador de Bahia, Recife, northern Brazil)
Late May: USA (Washington DC for law school graduation)
Early June: NEPAL (Everest base camp?)
Mid-June: THAILAND (Phuket and southern Thailand; Chang Mai and northern Thailand)
Late June: LAOS (Mekong River Delta, Luang Prabang)
Early July: VIETNAM (Halong Bay?)
Late July: CAMBODIA (Angkor Wat)
Early Aug.: AUSTRALIA (Sydney and Cairns/Great Barrier Reef)
Late Aug: NEW ZEALAND (South Island)
Early Sept: FIJI (fun/sun)

11 comments:

mossycheong said...

really admire you for the luxury of going to so many countries.

http://mossycheong.blogspot.com/
http://www.metacafe.com/user/4126352/mossycheong/

Seven said...

Hi!
What about coming to Soputh Africa - you seem to be going everywhere else, and will most certainly regret it if you dont get to visit the great city of Cape Town......

Seven said...

Hi Dave Roth.
What about visiting South Africa. You will be seeing wonderful countries but will most certainly regret not visiting the great city of Cape Town. Anyway, it is a great stop after Peru.
You will love it this time of the year -!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Davidovsky, how about London to see your baby newphew (hopefully)?
L

Anonymous said...

Dave . . . we have lots of suggestions for Australia. I'll cobble them together and send them along to you.

Have fun and be safe.

Lib

Big Mill said...

Damn Rizzle- you lucky S-O-B. I have no suggestions for your trip, considering I have never been in a country other than the USA and Canada- but if you so desire to check this out- try and find lutz's stock bar in Australia. I hear there is one there somewhere, and it's not like you will be pressed for time anyway...

Watch out for the Kidnappers in Brazil and the Kangaroos in australia- just once, boy would I love to hop in their pouch and go for a ride... Love you Big Roth!!

Anonymous said...

I am really jealous that you are going to Everest Base camp in Nepal. Have a great time rizzle

Lina said...

hi Dave. I heard all about your travel plans from Jason. Brendan and I spent just over a month in SE Asia after the bar this past summer. I'll think about it a little bit and get back to you with recommendations of places to see, stay, eat, etc.

Anonymous said...

Dave,
No comments about your trip except to say that I envy you immensely. I look forward to your postings. Hope your photos are as good as the ones from your trips out west. Many of them are very similar to the ones I took during my camping trip to Zion, Bryce, Tetons, Yellowstone, etc.
Good luck.
Juan

Glenn said...

you bastard. when you get ready to go to sao paulo email my friends gayle and jim. jim is the commerce foreign commercial officer over there - i'm sure you met him at softball or otherwise a few years ago. he married my friend gayle. write gayle at findgjb at yahoo. i'll tell them you're showing up. don't plan a lot of days in sao paulo though, its mediocre...

Unknown said...

If I were you, I'd avoid Sao Paulo like the plague. That and Los Angeles are competing for the distinction of Worst Big City in the World. It's shit for sights, expensive, dirty, dangerous, overcrowded, inconvenient, difficult to navigate, loud and ugly. Outside of that, it's a great place.