Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Into Thin Air


I just got back from the two-week trek to Everest Base Camp. All I can say is that the Himalayas left me breathless. Everest and its surrounding peaks--Lhotse, Nupste, Ama Damblam--make up the most gorgeous place on earth, hands down. Although not quite as remote as the Amazon, you do get the feeling of being really, really small standing under 20-29,000 foot mountains. I have some pretty neat pictures of the peaks, the trek, and the sherpas that upstage all wannabe climbers. Unfortunately, you are going to have to wait another few days because I am leaving tomorrow for an elephant safari in southern Nepal. I know, I know, life is tough, but somebody has gotta support the Nepalese economy; I've taken it upon myself. Thinking of all of you in the world's most beautiful place.

1 comment:

Liudmila said...

Did your elephants fart during the safari? Mine did, when I did it in Thailand. I was lucky not to be on the elephant that followed mine! :) Some other suckers riding just behind me had no escape from the aromas created by my animal!