Friday, June 22, 2007

The Sanctuary doesn't take American Express

I am staying at The Sanctuary in Ko Pha Nagn, in southern Thailand. The island is famous for its full moon parties, drug-fueled parties on the beach that last all night. I came to The Sanctuary because one of my good friends from Michigan, Sasha, is here on a week-long retreat before her July wedding. This "alternative island resort" emphasizes raw food, daily yoga sessions, spiritual healing, and my favorite--colonics (colon cleansing!).

Ferry boat ride to Ko Pha Nagn. 12 dollars.

Amazing one-hour Thai massage overlooking the beach. 8 dollars.

Fresh fish right out of the ocean. Two dollars.

Arriving in paradise. Priceless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're eating fish fresh out of the ocean these days?

Anonymous said...

The fish are "available" or you are actually eating them !!!

Nicki said...

You and yoga? Hmmm...don't necessarily see your limbs twisted but I can imagine you in the downward dog pose. Massage, yes...espcially if there's a pedicure somewhere in there. But a colonic? Deny yourself that long reading period filled with much needed solitude? I just don't see it.
Much love,
you know who