Friday, September 14, 2007

Painful "ending" to my trip

I haven't had so much as a headache during six months of traveling. So it should come as no surprise to you that I spent the last day of my vacation, sprawled face down on a Fijian doctor's table, getting a HUGE shot of penicillin in the arse.

An inflamed hair follicle on my leg became infected while I was snorkeling on Fiji's outer islands. For some strange reason, the local remedy of tree leaves didn't heal the wound. By last night, my swollen leg could have passed for one of Kristie Alley's, and I could barely walk. Returning to the mainland, I got the penicillin shot in the caboose, some antibiotics, and enough painkillers to sedate Mike Tyson. At least the painkillers have dulled the pain of leaving Fiji and ending my vacation. If you want to see more pictures of Fiji, click on the image below.

Fiji

1 comment:

Queen of Preen said...

Wonderful photo, sorry about the leg (and the arse) heh.