Thursday, July 26, 2007

Anti-chRICEt

I will be happy if I never ever see a grain of rice again. I have spent 10 days in Vietnam and this morning was the first time that I had a meal that didn't have rice as a headliner. That means the last 35-40 meals I have eaten have been white, soft, and sticky. Rice, rice with tofu, rice porridge, rice whiskey, rice noodles, rice cakes, and on and on and on... Vietnam itself is one giant rice paddie with a few mountains. All the places we have eaten while cycling have two things on the menu: "com", rice with a few pieces of spinach or pig parts thrown in, or "pho", rice noodles in broth. I am dying for a pizza.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Wow...is that a little "typical american" showing? You're in SE Asia for crying out loud. It's going to be a lot of white rice. But I know you, you'll soon search high and low for a Taco Bell!
XX

Anonymous said...

dont hate on rice. especially white rice.