Thursday, July 26, 2007

Not a Happy Ending Massage

Does this stuff only happen to me??

On the second or third day of the bike trip, Jemale, Turek, and I decided to get massages because we were fairly sore. We found a reputable-looking place and were led into separate massage rooms. My masseuse was an attractive 20-something Vietnamese woman. As soon as she came in, she locked the door and stripped down to her underwear. I wish I had a camera at that point--not to take pictures of her but to capture the look of sheer terror I had on my face. I was honestly petrified. Speaking no Vietnamese, I waved and shook my head (perhaps frantically) indicating I didn't want the kind of massage she might be offering. She must have understood my gestures because the massage stayed G-rated. The other somewhat disturbing part of the encounter came towards the end of the massage when she placed a towel over my forehead and then bit, with all her jaw power, on the fold of skin between my eyebrows. It was all I could do to keep myself from jumping off the table and shouting at the still half-naked masseuse; I was in extreme pain. Let's just say it was not the world's most relaxing spa experience...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL
Mere

Anonymous said...

too bad angel was not around :)!