Monday, July 30, 2007

Only Me

Eight days and more than 400 miles biking through Vietnam. No flat tire.
Ten minutes and two miles to the Saigon market where I want to sell my bike. Flat tire.

This type of thing would only happen to me. I had a few precious hours to sell my bike in Saigon before getting on a plane to Cambodia. On the way to an open-air market, I got a flat tire. Can you imagine trying to sell a two-wheeler with only one good tire???? I had no time or supplies to fix my bike, so I found somebody with a pump and inflated the tire for just long enough to unload it for $60. I felt a little bad as I high-tailed it out of the market on the back of a motorcycle-taxi; but then again the guy got a slightly used $100 bike for $60. I am just overjoyed to be getting out of this godforsaken country.

No comments: