Friday, August 3, 2007

Its Great to be a Michigan Wolverine

So I am sitting in this restaurant in Cambodia (shouldn't all good stories start out this way?). Its the kind of place where they encourage their patrons to write on the walls. And I am sitting there thinking to myself that these walls really need a "block M." (For those of you who did not have the fortune of going to the University of Michigan, the "block M" is the University's symbol.) As the thought dances in my head, out of the corner of my eye, I spy it....a "block M!"

I've said it before, but its worth repeating. The University of Michigan is the best school in the world. Others schools may be better academically. Other schools may have better athletic programs. Certainly, almost all other schools have better looking people. But you will not find a school with more loyal and proud students and alumni. No other institution could provoke such a wave of euphoria and pride with one single letter on the wall of a restaurant 15,000 miles from home.

4 comments:

Nora said...

I've been reading regularly, and although all of your posts are pretty damn cool, these are my favorite. GO BLUE!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! We did go to a pretty damn sweet school ;) I really can't believe your flat tire story.....I REALLY REALLY can't believe your masseuse story.....yes, my David, those things only do happen to you :) Miss you and p.s. you can check out my new blog at babycastor.blogspot.com
Happy Trails and have fun in Cambodia....I am currently living vicariously through you, so live it up :)

Jamie

Glenn said...

go freakin blue!! looking forward to your return to DC so I can hire lamarr woodley to come to your apartment and kick your ass and get you ready for the law firm... glenn

Glenn said...

go freakin blue!! i can't wait until you get your sorry ass back to DC so I can hire lamarr woodley to beat you senseless so you'll be adequately prepared for law firm hell... love always, glenn