Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Figaro, Figaro, Figaro!

Sydney is easily one of the world's most beautiful cities. It reminds me a bit of San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver--laid-back and aesthetically pleasing cities surrounded by water. Sydney's strengths: they speak English, they use dollars (albeit Aussie dollars), the winters here are a joke (70 and sunny), the meat pies are scrummy (British slang), and they have opera! Sydney's Opera House is about as perfect a building as they come. I saw The Barber of Seville there last night. I had a good chuckle thinking about an American watching Australians sing a story in Italian about southern Spain.

For a few more pictures of Sydney, click on the album below (sorry there aren't any pictures of koalas or kangaroos; amazingly, I haven't seen any yet):

Sydney

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Wow, even you look clean in Sydney. My boss just got back from Australia and he saw lots and lots of kaolas and kangaroos. I'm looking for those pictures Dave! We like kaolas...get me an adorable picture of one please.
I miss you and can't wait to talk when you get back.
We are all sitting by our phones waiting for news of Theo's arrival but it seems he is taking his own sweet time. Just like a Roth man!
Much love,
N