Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Perfect Storm

So as you know, I decided to rent a very small car for a two-week roadtrip on New Zealand's South Island. The car has become a perfect storm...of sorts. The factors:
1) I have been sleeping in the car most nights.
2) I have been living off a steady diet of canned beans and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
3) I have taken one shower in the past week.
4) The weather is too cold to roll down the windows.
5) I am carrying around a pair of tennis shoes whose biological properties could wipe out an entire army. (They would have gotten Saddam into trouble with the UN, had he possessed a pair.)

It got so bad that I seriously became worried that the car rental company was going to assess a cleaning charge/penalty when I returned the car. The solution: Glade air freshener, the kind you use to scent a big room in your house. The only problem now is that I feel like I am drowning in a potpourri bowl. I guess reaking of "Garden Bliss" is better than the alternative...

No comments: