Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Whitsundays

My God, I've just seen one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Its called the Whitsundays island chain, part of the southern tip of Australia's Great Barrier Reef. I was on a racing sailboat for three days with a 23 Germans, Irish, Scottish, British, and Australians. You know what happens when these people get together? Let's just say that the skipper and I were the only sober people in the entire bunch. There is a reason people from these countries are stereotyped as having drinking problems. Jesus. My travel companions couldn't detract from amazing sailing, turquoise water, cotton puff clouds, whales, dolphins, turtles, and the most beautiful beach on earth--Whitehaven Beach (pictured above). I've included some pictures to make you guys jealous; don't hate me.

The Whitsundays

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just sitting here whistling "take my breath away......."

Benjamin and Libby said...

Okay, I am officially jealous and you know how outstanding the scenery is where I'm living currently. Thanks for the great pics.

Nicki said...

wow. how gorgeous! is the water cold? or safe to swim in?
Don't you love being an uncle? I've always said that being an aunt is right up there near being a parent. Let's face it Dave, Theo is way more cute than your baby pictures! Hair being one of the variables!
Love you tons. Kiss the dolphins for me.
Great Aunt Nicki