Monday, August 13, 2007

The Happiest Man in the World

I might just be the happiest man on Earth today. It started off with sunrise on a boat anchored next to the Great Barrier Reef (GBR), 3 hours off the Australian coast. I saw, swam with, and touched a whale shark, the biggest fish in the sea. (My dive instructor had done over 4,500 dives on the GBR and this is the first whale shark he had ever seen.) It is exhilirating to accomplish a life-long goal...diving on the GBR.

After coming ashore tonight, I discovered Erika, my cousin, and Jim got engaged. Congratulations to both of you. Jim, I welcome you into the Roth family with wide open arms. Erika, you couldn't have chosen a better guy. Congrats.

Then the BEST news of all: Lucie, my sister-in-law, gave birth to Theodore Roth, a very healthy baby boy!! I spoke to Aaron, my brother, and my parents in Lucie's London hospital room. I don't know who was crying more--me or the new baby. My dad joked that the baby has lots of hair, which must come from Lucie's family because it sure as hell isn't a Roth feature... (I will post pictures as soon as I can.) Congratulations Aaron and Lucie on being new parents and to Mom and Dad on becoming grandparents. I've experienced amazing things over the last five months, but all pale in comparison to becoming an uncle. I am thrilled!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

It doesn't get much better than all this, right? You're having amazing travels, we have a new baby and a new marriage. Life is definitely good. Very very good. We all miss you and look forward to your return.
Kasey is a faithful reader of the blog too...as are the rest of us. It has been great to share with you. Keep it coming.
I love you tons.
N